Four males are assisting police with their inquiries following five alleged armed robberies in Lidcombe and Auburn last night.

The first incident occurred about 10pm (Thursday 2 July 2015), when four males, one armed with a knife, allegedly attempted to rob a 26-year-old man. The man suffered a cut to his head and has since been taken to Westmead Hospital for treatment. The four males fled the scene empty handed.

The second incident occurred about 10.40pm near Swete and Mary Streets, Lidcombe, when four males allegedly robbed a male of his mobile phone. The four fled the scene; the male was uninjured during the incident.

Just after 11pm, a 24-year-old man reported an armed robbery as he was walking near a service station near Marsden Street, Lidcombe.

A few minutes later, a fourth robbery was reported to police by a 20-year-old man, who was allegedly approached by two males, one armed with a knife, on Dartbrook Road, Auburn. The pair fled the scene in a vehicle along Rawson Street, empty handed.

The fifth alleged incident occurred about 11.25pm, when four males, one allegedly armed with a knife, attempted to rob a man walking along Stanley Street, Lidcombe.

Officers attached to Flemington Local Area Command were notified of the incidents and commenced investigations.

Following inquiries, four males, two aged 16 and two aged 17, were located and arrested on Stanley Street, Lidcombe, and taken to Auburn Police Station.

A crime scene was established at a home on Stanley Street, Lidcombe. Initial investigations have led police to believe all five incidents are linked.

The four males continue to assist police with their inquiries. Any witnesses or anyone with information is urged to come forward and contact police via Crime Stoppers.

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 FREE or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Extracted in full from NSW Police.