12 November 2015
Narrabri firefighters issue a warning.
Narrabri fire brigade was called to an incident in Maitland Street yesterday which prompted a reminder to motorists from Station Commander Shane Bradford.
“With hotter days people need to mindful of over filling their vehicles with fuel,” said Mr. Bradford.
“We are often called to jobs where vehicles have not long been filled then parked in the street so the driver can do their shopping etc.
“Petrol vehicles are at most risk of fire if a lit match or a spark is introduced in the vicinity of the pooled fuel in the street and gutters.”
Extracted in full from The Courier.