Petrol: According to the Australian Institute of Petroleum, the national average Australian price of unleaded petrol fell by 3.5 a cents to 120.0 cents litre in the past week.
- According to the Australian Institute of Petroleum, the national average Australian price of unleaded petrol fell by 3.5 cents to 120.0 cents a litre in the past week. The metropolitan petrol price fell by 4.5 cents to 117.0 cents per litre while the regional price fell by 1.8 cents to 125.9 cents per litre.
- Average unleaded petrol prices across states and territories over the past week were: Sydney (down by 5.6 cents to 110.1 c/l), Melbourne (down by 5.9 cents to 116.5 c/l), Brisbane (down by 8.1 cents to 123.2 c/l), Adelaide (up by 6.5 cents to 113.8 c/l), Perth (down by 2.4 cents to 119.8 c/l), Darwin (unchanged at 130.9 c/l), Canberra (down 0.3 cents to 129.2 c/l) and Hobart (down by 0.7 cents to 137.0 c/l).
- The national average Australian price of diesel petrol was down by 0.5 cents to 126.9 cents per litre in the week to July 2. The metropolitan price was down by 0.5 cents to 127.0 c/l, while the regional average price fell by 0.4 cents to 126.9 c/l.
- Today, the national average wholesale (terminal gate) unleaded petrol price stands at 107.4 cents a litre, up by 0.1 cents a litre over the week. The terminal gate diesel price stands at 106.2 cents a litre, down by 0.7 cents a litre over the week.
- Last week the key Singapore gasoline price rose by US$1.25 or 2.1 per cent to US$59.55 a barrel. In Australian dollar terms the Singapore gasoline price rose by 27 cents or 0.4 per cent to $77.42 a barrel or 48.7
cents a litre.
- MotorMouth records the following retail prices for capital cities today: Sydney 108.4c; Melbourne 113.6c; Brisbane 118.9c; Adelaide 128.0c; Perth 108.0c; Canberra 129.1c; Darwin 130.6c; Hobart 136.9c.