Today Caltex announced a $100,000 donation to Rural Aid and an ongoing drought assistance package to lend a hand to rural producers facing tough times in the drought affected areas of NSW and much of Queensland.
Rural Aid, a charity set up to provide a central point of focus for rural communities who require assistance will get a package of support worth more than $100,000 from Caltex including:
- Fuel to keep farmers moving in the form of $200 StarCash fuel vouchers for farmers registered with Rural Aid for drought assistance
- A contribution towards Rural Aid’s fuel bill to keep their team and vehicles where they are needed the most
- A pledge to donate $1 for every 20 litre Delo ® product purchased to Rural Aid a for twelve months following the launch of the Caltex’s new Delo ® range of lubricants in October
- Farm Army assistance via a volunteer workforce of Caltex employees, their family and friends through the Rural Aid Farm Army initiative
- Support for Rural Aid’s upcoming fundraising events.
Charles Alder CEO of Rural Aid said, “This donation will provide an immediate cost savings to our operation with our vehicles travelling hundreds of thousands of kilometres per year but also provide a significant reduction to on farm costs for our farmers. Any savings to operating costs will be welcomed by our rural communities in these tough economic times.”
Besides the upfront donation and hands-on support, Caltex understands the stress faced by some of their rural customers and will be negotiating longer term agreements with those relying on fuel to keep their property going.
Brad Phillips, General Manager, Business to Business Sales, Caltex Australia said “Caltex understands that the need for fuel is critical to rural operations. So as well as the donation to Rural Aid, and volunteer assistance, we will reinvest in the community through the sales of our new lubricant range.
“We also know that the mounting short-term debt faced by some of our customers is a big contributor to the stress experienced during tough times. We will help alleviate that stress and manage cash flow by extending our credit terms for some of the worst affected rural customers.
“As Australia’s largest supplier of transport fuels, we’ve worked with farming communities and local distributors for many generations. Caltex is passionate about supporting farming communities across NSW and Queensland and lending a hand in the ways we know can have the most impact,” Mr Phillips said.