A car fire outside a Perth petrol station has caused a stressful scene for emergency services, with firefighters working quickly to contain the blaze.

The fire started at a car parked at a bowser Caltex petrol station in Morley on the corner of Walter and Russell Road just after 2pm on Tuesday.

It is understood emergency services worked quickly to contain the blaze, but the fire continued to burn underneath the car due to a petrol leak.

Two staff were working at the fuel station at the time of the incident, and emergency services confirmed they were accounted for and safe.

Power to the petrol station has been turned off while firefighters contain run off from the blaze.

Emergency services have attended the scene, along with police.

Stakeholders at the Caltex have also been contacted in relation to the fire and surrounding businesses, including Morley Market, have been warned about fumes.

Extracted from WAToday