Following the unprecedented National Wage Case Decision that has the effect of staggering the start date of wage rate increases, the Group 2 Awards are due to have their rates increase from 1 November 2020. In the fuel industry this will impact the wages payable to admin staff engaged under the Clerks Private Sector Award and fuel distribution staff engaged under the Road Transport Distribution Award, however, the wage and expense rates are not yet finalised or released by the Fair Work Commission and remain open for comment until 17:00 on 30 October 2020.
ACAPMA will update the Quick Reference Wage Guides for these Awards as soon as the rates are finalised and distribute to all members.
It is important to note that the new rates will apply to the first full pay period on or after 1 November 2020. For example if the business has a weekly payroll that runs from Friday to Thursday (30/10/2020-5/11/2020) then that pay run would be at the current rates…and the next pay run (6/11/2020-12/11/2020) would be at the new rates.
For more on the Staggered Increases and their implications please see; https://acapmag.com.au/2020/10/new-wage-rates-for-admin-and-fuel-distribution-workers-commence-1-11-2020/
- National Wage Case Decision 2020/2021 – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/decisionssigned/html/pdf/2020fwcfb3500.pdf#page=116
- Clerks Private Sector Award 2010
- Current version of the Award – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/modern_awards/pdf/ma000002.pdf
- Wage Determination – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/awardsandorders/html/pr718819.htm
- Road Transport and Distribution Award 2010
- Current version of the Award – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/modern_awards/pdf/ma000038.pdf
- Wage Determination – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/awardsandorders/html/pr718856.htm
- Vehicle Repair Service and Retail Award 2010
- Current version of the Award – https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/modern_awards/pdf/ma000089.pdf
- Wage Determination –https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/awardsandorders/html/pr718907.htm
ACAPMA Releases Quick Reference Guides – https://acapmag.com.au/2020/07/wage-rate-resource-coming-today-acapma-quick-reference-guides-released-in-version-1/