Initial reports in local media suggested the cause of the fire was due to petrol stored inside one of the vehicles.
It is thought that the fuel was likely stored in several cans being used to stockpile petrol which has recently become a hot commodity in Lebanon, due to shortages.
Reports suggest the fuel somehow ignited and spread to two other cars parked nearby – although Arab News has been unable to independently verify this.
No injuries were reported, an emergency worker stationed at the airport told Arab News.
With petrol in short supply, residents have regularly been lined up for hours over the past two weeks to fill their tanks.
Public officials have advised people not to stockpile petrol in take-home containers, which have caused a spike in accidental fires.
Last month, a residential building in a Beirut suburb caught fire after a resident hoarded the attractive commodity.
SUBSCRIBE TO WEEKLY E-NEWS
© ACAPMAg 2024 | All Rights Reserved | Site by DOUBLE3
ACAPMAg is proudly presented by ACAPMA
© ACAPMAg 2024 | All Rights Reserved
Site by DOUBLE3