Part of an Ellenbrook home has been gutted by fire after a blaze tore through the house earlier this evening.

The house on Rennex Ramble was engulfed by flames, which neighbours said stretched several metres high.

The fire was started after fuel was spilt while one of the residents was repairing their car in the garage.

The resident said the fuel spillage caught alight and was initially a very small flame.

He ran inside to grab a blanket to put the flames out, but, by the time he returned the fire had erupted.

“The flame caught onto a cable and started spreading like wildfire through the house,” he said.

The destructive flames caused severe damage to at least half of the four-bedroom home.

Department of Fire and Emergency services personnel estimated the damage to be worth about $300,000.

The impacted home is owned by a mother and her four children.

Fortunately, no one was hospitalised or seriously injured during the incident.

Extracted in full form: Ellenbrook house fire: Home gutted by fire after fuel spill | PerthNow

SHARE THIS ARTICLE: