The alleged attackers of an asthmatic Territorian grandmother, who had blasted her with the contents of a fire extinguisher, were “laughing and bouncing around” as she choked on the floor, her daughter claims.

Her allegations come after the horror March 24 incident at Katherine BP service station – in which the grandmother was helplessly trapped within the servo.

On Sunday, at about 2.30am, a group of female youths entered the service station and began throwing objects at the counter, which was encased behind glass.

One of the youths then used a fire extinguisher in an attempt to flush out the woman, blasting its chemical contents into the enclosed space.

CCTV caught the moment the asthmatic woman was enveloped by the chemical storm.

The victim’s daughter, Jazmin Meek, told the NT News of her despair over her mother’s traumatic experience.

“Hearing a group of young girls laughing and bouncing around because (my mother) is choking behind the counter – because of an extinguisher getting into your lungs and not being able to breathe – is quite mentally f—–g damaging as it is,” Ms Meek said.

“And the footage that’s been leaked online – people are thinking that the girls are jumping around and smiling because they’re getting the till but they’re not, they’re doing that because my mum has collapsed on the floor because she’s coughing and can’t breathe.”

A Katherine service station worker, who did not want to be named, said late night violence was “common”, but the latest attack showed there were “no limits” for some offenders.

“They’re using chemical warfare, that’s what they’re doing now,” they said.

“They often smash up servos, but this (attack) was a first from what I’ve seen.”

Ms Meek said her mother was “violently sick” until she was relieved and was taken to hospital more than 24 hours after the incident.

“She was cleared by ambulance people (on the night of the incident),” she said.

“But the next night she was feeling unwell, she had chest pain and of course she’s asthmatic so we (were not) taking chances.”

If her mother’s attack was not bad enough, it was the following day that frustrated Ms Meek the most.

On Monday, Ms Meek called police after she identified two of the alleged offenders in public – only to be told no to call triple-zero again, unless it was an emergency.

“I’m angry at everyone and I understand it’s not a single person’s fault,” she said.

“Everyone is living in fear here, you cannot go to Woolworths or a service station in the afternoon without fear of being attacked by someone.

“How much more is it going to take before the straw breaks the camel’s back?”

NT Police confirmed they responded to March 24 incident.

Extracted in full from: