Following a case of the UK variant of COVID-19 this morning at a press conference the Premier announced a 3 day lockdown for the Greater Brisbane area.
The lockdown details as at 12:30 8/1/2020 are;
- A 3 day lockdown of the Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan, Moreton Bay and Redlands council areas will commence at 18:00 today and will run until 18:00 on Monday
- During this lockdown there are only 4 reasons for residents to leave the house and that is;
- To attend essential work (which ACAPMA is confident will include work at service stations)
- To shop for essentials (which ACAPMA is confident will include shopping for fuel)
- To provide essential care
- To exercise
- Persons who enter the Greater Brisbane area will then be required to stay in the Greater Brisbane area and comply with all of the lockdown requirements
- Persons who live/work on the edge of the Greater Brisbane area are instructed to stay home and limit their travel unless absolutely essential. The instruction is to stay in your own suburb
- Masks are required when leaving the house in the Greater Brisbane area (unless there is a medical exemption), this includes all staff working in these areas
- Service stations remain an essential business and allowed to be open and trading
- Travel in and out of the Greater Brisbane area is permitted to allow for the delivery of an essential service. This is being taken to include fuel delivery drivers and fuel retail workers, due to the essential nature of their work and the recognition of the fuel retail and wholesale businesses as essential businesses
NOTE: Businesses are encouraged to provide staff who have to travel in and out of the Greater Brisbane area for work with a letter to show that they are travelling for essential work
ACAPMA is working to gather clarity and will provide an update as soon as more information comes to hand.
Send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org